Friday, November 6, 2015

Reasons to Do Plank Exercise and What Mistakes to Avoid


Plank exercise does not seem like an effective workout that can bring positive results, if any at all. Many think that this type of exercise is for lazy people who hate running, jogging, jumping and everything that makes us sweat plentifully. Plank exercise, though, is not as ineffective as it seems. Oftentimes the simplest thing brings awesome results.

If you have never tried the plank exercise before, you may fall into the trap of thinking that "Hey, I could do it in a matter of a few seconds!" However, holding the plank position takes endurance and strength in your core , back, and stomach. Once you try it, you will understand that you need to master the art of doing correct plank exercise.

When done properly, the plank exercise is good for your body. It helps to strengthen your core, improve and maintain proper posture, keep balance, work your hamstrings and glutes, and fight stress. The plank is not just a core-strengthening and stress-fighting exercise, though. It can be a full body exercise that can bring you the following results:

1. Fantastic flexibility 
The word 'fantastic' is used for good reason here, because I can not just say 'flexibility.' At 25, I had a terrible flexibility. I spent 14 hours in front of my computer accomplishing dozens of projects that did a lot of harm to my health. I thought I had no time for the simplest exercise. It was a lame excuse. The moment I noticed how bad my flexibility was (honestly, I had not it at all), I begun looking for effective yet simple ways to fix the problem. My best solution was the plank exercise that I do each day in the morning.

The plank helps to boost flexibility in the muscle groups, including shoulders, collarbone, hamstrings, thighs and hips. Different plank positions work out different muscle groups. I enjoy doing rocking plank, side planks, plank with shoulder touches and reverse plank.

2. Clear mind and peaceful soul 
Whether you are a highly sensitive person who can not cope with overthinking or a workaholic who can not stop working, plank exercise may be your best cure. Any exercise is a natural mood booster. Sedentary lifestyle brings stress, problems, and health issues into our lives. Plank exercise stretches and relaxes muscles groups that usually become stiff, relieving tension and clearing your mind. When done regularly, the planks help to reduce the stress levels, overcome the habit of overthinking every problem, and bring more peace into your daily life.

3. Perfect abs 
Want to get a beautifully toned tummy with little effort? Incorporate the plank exercise into your fitness routine. But it does not mean you can eat whatever you want. Healthy diet is still necessary. Do not run to extremes and son't expect fast results. Doing more plank exercises will not help you get a toned abs overnight.